Our Major Focus
Business Growth and Development
- Sharing the business expertise of our members with each other; and
- Creating economic programs designed to strengthen and expand the income potential of all businesses in the trade area
- Building relationships amongst our members to develop referrals and create synergies leading to greater business growth
Community and Giving
- Focus on the welfare and improving the quality of life in the local community by actively engaging our members and their resources on charitable initiatives. This includes active ongoing support of selected area charities as one of the Chamber’s key pillars.
- Promoting programs that educate and/or train students and existing workers to the benefits of the Pineville competitive enterprise system and prepare them for careers/ career growth
- We believe charity and giving isn’t a once a year activity, but rather an integral part of who we are. The Chamber has chosen to focus our resources primarily on two charities that meaningfully impact the challenges within Pineville, the SLYP area and Charlotte.
- Pineville Neighbors Place gives a hand up to working poor, whether the need is food, help with shelter, utilities assistance, school supplies. This charity defines compassion and that is why we support it. www.pinevilleneighbors.org
- Hope Soccer Ministries builds character and leadership in our youth through the combination of soccer and faith. We love it that we can share the truth of the Bible on a place like the soccer field, using it as a vehicle to prepare our youth for their futures. Therefore, we are excited to tell people in our community about Jesus through our youth soccer teams!
- Working with the town in communicating the Chamber Members’ challenges, needs and concerns relative to ongoing business and growth opportunities
- Creating a better understanding and appreciation of the importance of businesses and preserving the capitalist system and discovering and correcting unnecessary obstacles that prevent the advancement of business
Chamber Working Committees
Marketing and Sales
Chair: Maria Overcash, President, Carolina Health Connections
The charter of this committee is to provide new and creative methods to expand market exposure and increase sales for member companies, whether they are small LLCs, mid-sized companies or large corporations, leveraging the expertise of Chamber Member companies and other resources.
Business Operations and Growth
Chair: John Holobinko, Chamber President and CEO
The charter of this committee is to provide opportunities for businesses to gain additional knowledge and insight around issues associated with business operations and growth, ranging from business plans to personnel issues, financing, employee benefits and more.
Chair: Joan Holobinko, Past President St. Francis Hospital Women's Auxiliary, Hartford, CT
The charter of this committee is to lead the charitable contributions of Chamber members, including financial and talent. Effort will be focused on a small number of selected charities where the Chamber believes it can make a measurable positive impact.
Chair: John Holobinko, Pineville Chamber President and CEO
The charter of this committee is to provide a two-way conduit between the Chamber and the town government for the exchange of ideas and communication of issues that relate to conducting business and business growth within Pineville.